A visa is of prime importance among all the documents required by a foreign national to work in the US. However, when applying for an employment visa, it is important to know which is the right one for you. One such visa type is the EB-3 visa granted to foreign nationals wishing to work in the US.
An EB-3 visa allows one to obtain a green card after getting sponsorship from a company in the US. A US company has to sponsor your visa, and the company also has some requirements to fulfill, including the permanent labor certification process. If you are new to this, the whole process can be overwhelming, and you might feel confused. In that case, contacting a reputed EB-3 visa lawyer is recommended to guide you through the application process to the actual visa acceptance.
Here is a guide that can help you get into the visa application process:
EB3 Visa and Its Benefits
EB3 visa or Employment-based immigration visa is a green card for three workers categories: workers, skilled, and professional. EB3 visa type allows an immigrant to live and work in the United States as in one of the mentioned categories in a specific field.
The preferences are given first to EB1 and EB2 visa types and then EB3 visas. One may expect a more extended waiting period for EB3 visas, but the requirements are less complicated than other green visa types. The percentage of EB3 green visas granted is more than different kinds of visas. Presently 40000 green EB3 visas are granted by the US, and not more than 7% of visas are provided to the same country. So if your country’s applicants are large, one may expect a longer waiting time.
Benefits of EB3 visas:
- As a US green card holder, you can have permanent residency status in the US.
- The requirements for EB3 green visas are less than EB1 and EB2 visas.
- Some members of your family, like your spouse and dependent children under the age of 21, will be granted green visas too and can live with you.
Requirements for EB3 Green Visas
- For Skilled Worker- This job category requires at least two years of experience in the relevant job training or experience. The company processing the visa needs to abide by the labor certification process to prove that there is no eligible US citizen to fill the position.
- For Unskilled Workers- This job category is for the workers who do not have two years of experience or training but are required by the US company. They are fresh on the job and carry less than two years or no work experience. However, seasonal or temporary jobs are excluded from this category.
- For professionals- The professional job category requires professional level qualifications and position along with a baccalaureate or equivalent degree. This job sector refers to qualified professionals with degrees, as mentioned in the qualification criteria.
Applying for EB-3 Green Visas
The application process at first may be confusing and complicated. The best option is to contact an EB-3 visa lawyer who is well experienced in getting you through the process and providing you with all the guidance that you may need for the application. As chances are pretty low, contacting a professional and reputed firm is better to get started with your visa application and acquire your green card to work in the US permanently.